cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URLs required to bypass proxy authentication.

chanchoong
Level 1
Level 1

I just found out that this Ironport unable to work with so many website that require authentication, can I know is this bugs/it is the design by itself that this box is to work in that way?

So far I found Yahoo Messenger that not able to pass thru the proxy authentication, I do not know how many are there later and I feel that something need to work out here.

2 Replies 2

Jake Rounkles
Level 1
Level 1

We ran into a similar issue and had to create an authexempt policy that allowed authentication.

Create a Custom URL Category called AutheExempt List

add your URLs that you want to bypass Authentication on

Create and Identity called AutheExempt Identity

set the define Members by Authentication to "No Authentication

Create a Policy called AutheExempt Policy

assign the Identity you just created

apply the Custom URL Category (AutheExempt) under the Customer URL Catergory Filtering

This worked for us. Good luck

I second this. It is a bug that Cisco is aware of. Unfortunatley, at this time, there is nothing that they can do since the issue lies at the program level. The only way to get around this, as Jake has stated, is to create an Access Policy that does not require authentication. The biggest issue that we have found, in regards to this senario is that any Apple product does not process Ironports authentication correctly and therefore has to be able to access in a none authenticated manor.

Let us know if you have any questions in regards to have to set this up.