Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Security Appliance Licensing

alexdelangel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends

I clearly understand that licensing for the Web Security Appliance is based on user. I clearly understand that if the same user has its desktop PC, its Laptop, its Tablet, its Smartphone, it will use just one license. Am I rigth?

So, if I acquired 400 licenses, what will happen when the user number 401 arrives at the company? Will traffic get dropped? Will traffic get no filtered?

Any documentation or comment will be appreciated.

Regards!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I'm fairly certain that the license is per user, not per device

The WSA doesn't drop the connection, stop filtering, or anything... I keeps on working, it doesn't care what the seat count is.  Just be straight with Cisco on your re-up.

View solution in original post

In an AD world, thats the account for the machine named ADELANGEL (the $ is the marker for machine accounts)

Machine accounts show up when they get stuff from the internet before a user has been authed to the WSA. WSUS, the Network Connectivity thing, etc.   

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

I'm fairly certain that the license is per user, not per device

The WSA doesn't drop the connection, stop filtering, or anything... I keeps on working, it doesn't care what the seat count is.  Just be straight with Cisco on your re-up.

Hello friend,

Thank you so much for your answer. I have a tech issue, I wanted to ask, if you had seen this before:

Imagine that my user is adelangel, so in the reports I can see the entry for my Internet navigation history. But then, there appears another entry with my same user, but with an strange symbol at the end, for example adelangel$.

Have you heared about it? Any idea to troubleshoot and make this strange entry dissapear?

Regards!

In an AD world, thats the account for the machine named ADELANGEL (the $ is the marker for machine accounts)

Machine accounts show up when they get stuff from the internet before a user has been authed to the WSA. WSUS, the Network Connectivity thing, etc.