cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is required for Cisco WSA SensorBase network to work ?

stephane.walker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

I would like to know if the Web Security Appliance has to have a public address to receive the data collected by SensorBase network.

Is there any additional requirements ?

Thank you for your answers.

Stephane Walker

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephane,

The WSA will somehow connected to the Internet directly or via a firewall with your external IP address in the egress point.

SensorBase participation is working via URL via wbnp.ironport.com:443

Depending on your routing, you can test if your WSA can reach this URL from its interface.

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Donny

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stephane,

The WSA will somehow connected to the Internet directly or via a firewall with your external IP address in the egress point.

SensorBase participation is working via URL via wbnp.ironport.com:443

Depending on your routing, you can test if your WSA can reach this URL from its interface.

I hope this helps.

thanks,

Donny

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Thank you donnylee.

I made a packet capture to check if there was any traffic to or from wbnp.ironport.com. I saw some https requests from WSA to wbnp but only the https syn frame. I think that I have some firewall issues that block the answers from wbnp.

I will try to fix it.

Stephane Walker

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: