cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA+CDA Identification only (for log files)

5bswan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I'm trying to setup a WSA so that my client can search the logs based on an Active Directory username.  We use the proxy transparently and apply user policies based on subnets - Users are NOT authenticating to the proxy.  

I've setup CDA and it seems to be interacting with everything correctly on the AD side and is currently matching up usernames and IP addresses.

Now, everything I've read in the WSA docs and online wants me to set up user authentication based on that.  However, we don't want to use the information from CDA to authenticate users, we just want it so that we can search the logs for "jdoe" instead of his IP address.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
CDA for WSA can only be used for proxy authentication and not possible for the report only.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
CDA for WSA can only be used for proxy authentication and not possible for the report only.

Tao,

Thanks, that's what I suspected. In theory it shouldn't matter since they're all authenticated users anyhow, but I was hoping to not be dependent upon it in case it broke or something. :-/