Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA over 100% disk Utilization

daniel_dantas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all...

My Cisco WSA S170 stops to works to manage by Web, Cli and Console.

After rebooting I can login in the Web and see 106% disk utilization.

To solve, I save the files to external FTP Server (all logs)

Enter on CLI and execute the procedures:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13085171/report-not-working-s170 (Posted by Handy Putra)

Now my appliance is OK!

Thanks

Daniel Dantas

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Glad to hear the issue has been fixed. However to stop the same issue happening again, please double check the current size of your access logs via WSA GUI>System Administration>Log Subscription>accesslogs>Rollover by File Size configuration. This is the size of each WSA access log.

In the same page, "Retrieval Method", if you are using the first option, then the "Maximum number of files" is the settings to configure how many access logs will be kept in WSA locally.

Therefore the total size of WSA access logs will be: "Rollover by File Size configuration" x "Maximum number of files". If it is too much, you could either tick option "Log Compression" or send WSA access logs to remote server or reduce the value of each of them.

Hope it helps and please mark my reply as correct answer if it does.

View solution in original post

Glad it is helpful.  Please mark my reply as correct answer if it does.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tao Yang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Glad to hear the issue has been fixed. However to stop the same issue happening again, please double check the current size of your access logs via WSA GUI>System Administration>Log Subscription>accesslogs>Rollover by File Size configuration. This is the size of each WSA access log.

In the same page, "Retrieval Method", if you are using the first option, then the "Maximum number of files" is the settings to configure how many access logs will be kept in WSA locally.

Therefore the total size of WSA access logs will be: "Rollover by File Size configuration" x "Maximum number of files". If it is too much, you could either tick option "Log Compression" or send WSA access logs to remote server or reduce the value of each of them.

Hope it helps and please mark my reply as correct answer if it does.

Hi Yang,

Now i´m configure to send all logs direct to external FTP Server.

:)

Thanks for respond my post.

Daniel Dantas

Glad it is helpful.  Please mark my reply as correct answer if it does.