cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA S370 Slow Internet Connection

fadhliroro
Level 1
Level 1

I have facing this issue for 3 days. Last night, i restarted the WSA and the internet connection seems back to normal. but this morning the issue reoccured and users have complaining about it. it run perfectly before. what should i do next?

for information, users are connected to AD server and sometimes we restarted the AD. is that the cause for this problem?

we use WSA 8.0.7-154 for Web version.

3 Replies 3

sadik.sener1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  fadhliroro,

First of all, you are using a pretty old firmware. I've worked a lot with WSA recently. The most effective firmware is 10.5.2-061. 

To debug your problem in the current environment, i suggest you create a new identification profile to a certain ip, that will allow this ip address without authentication. You would need an access policy also in order to perform this test. 

If the ip based client access the internet fast, this might indicate to a AD integration issue.

Sadik

Hi sadik.sener1,

thanks for your suggestion. we will try to do it on our WSA and let's see the result.

for upgrading the WSA, is the version you suggest support for multicast address?

we did upgrade the WSA once and have a problem with our mail server. so, we use microsoft load balancer on our exhcange server that using multicast and the new version of WSA using unicast and reject multicast traffic. and then we rollback the WSA version. we did it two years ago.

Hi fadhliroro,

I found this in ESA topic.

CLI > etherconfig> multicast > accept/reject option - set to accept
>commit

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu04069/?rfs=iqvred

Also from windows perspective this might be a solution :

Workaround:
Configure the NLB in Unicast Mode rather than Multicast Mode.

BTW, 

are you filtering the web servers outbound traffic?

Regards