cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA TLS Support

Sakun Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone any idea when is Cisco planning to add TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 support for IronPort WSA AsyncOS?

Thanks,

Sakun

24 Replies 24

Last unofficially reply I got, is version 9.x comming in September this year.

Br,

Mikkel

Support for TLS1.1 and 1.2 can't come fast enough.

I also wonder how this will be handled: https://isc.sans.edu/forums/diary/Logjam+vulnerabilities+in+DiffieHellman+key+exchange+affect+browsers+and+servers+using+TLS/19717/

Any idea about TLS1.1 and1.2 support ?when it will be available.?

Good morning Nitin

It will be few more weeks before available as GD release, but you can always request for provision with the TAC case, and we will more than happy to help. 

Regards,

Zack

Hi Atazazuddin Shaikh,

We opened the case and got information that GD release will be available from mid of dec 2015 .

Thanks

Nitin

From what I am hearing from TAC 9.0 had a major Webroot scanner crash issue that was keeping it from going into General Deployment.  This is supposed to be fixed in 9.01 but it is still not a GD release.  I may end up running 9.01 before it goes into GD but I am waiting to hear from TAC if there are still any major issues that would affect our integration.  If you want to run 9.01 I would recommend opening a TAC case any they should be able to get you more info and enable you for 9.01 if you decide you are comfortable running a non GD release. 

Do we have any information on GD date for 9.0?Its been a long time and many websites which are moved to TLS1.1 and TLS1.2 are not accessible through current WSA async os version.

9.0.1 is going through the GD process and will be available as GD, within 24 hrs.

Thanks

Zack

Hopefully they have worked all the bugs out in the GD release.  Is it going to have any changes from the currently available ED release?  I have been running the 9.01 ED release for a few weeks now and although it does fix the TLS support issues I did have a database crash that when TAC rebuilt it locked me out of the box (Console, Web, and SSH) and I had to do a hard reboot to regain admin access, at least I didn't lose any data and it was still processing WCCP requests.  I'm hoping the GD release has fixed these issues. 

Release notes will have the fixes listed b/w the ED - GD,

Do you happen to have a link to the updated release notes?  The only 9.0 version release notes I can find are for the ED version of 9.0 and are outdated. 

Thanks for reaching out, will reside here once ready:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/web-security-appliance/products-release-notes-list.html

Regards,

Zack

That's where I was looking, I guess they put the GD release out before the notes.  I think I'll wait a day or 2 before upgrading since I don't have any release notes yet. 

The release note for the 9.0.1 GD has become available, below is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/wsa/wsa9-0/WSA_9-0-x_Release_Notes.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: