cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEx connection problems

lixiw26277
Level 1
Level 1

WebEx meetings experience some video issues like blurring and freezing for some moment. Sometime the video freezes for a moment and voice still running and suddenly, the video come again at the instantaneous time. Even though my internet connection is fine, this happens.

Sam
3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@lixiw26277 when you are in a Webex meeting, use the Health Checker to troubleshoot issues with your meeting.  The Summary will give you an overview of your connection and your computer as high CPU or memory usage can also affect your meeting experience.  The Audio and Video Statistics will give real-time information about your connection.  You can also use this internet checker to test your connection anytime.

Response Signature

I used Health Checker to analyse, but endedup not getting any working clue. I think it is due to the combination of not enough ram in my laptop and the age of wifi router.

Sam

steven.fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

hello , a few things to check with your webex connection issues would be related to your network and where you are connecting to/from.

Make sure to not have  a VPN set to have your ip in an international location that requires your traffic to be transmitted to the closest webex server in that country.  also try and identify if you are using the closest server as some clients may connect in from another zone which can cause connection delays.  

Lastly your personal internet connection is not always the limiting factor.  all traffic you send out has to migrate through Internet service providers to the end server and to other webex participants this meens if the internet pipe is saturated you can experience slow downs or some of your traffic taking longer routes. this can lead to jitter and audio desynchronization. you may see pauses and stutters as traffic is delayed in routing or when computer hardware has issues processing the data well enough. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.