Views
Helpful
Replies

Disappointment...

Fritz.H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am posting this since I still hope, that this is just a big misunderstanding or just simply "my fault" - but I doubt it..

This is my feedback about Webex Meetings/Webex Teams
(based on experience with the paid and the free Version on Windows 8.1 Pro and 10 Pro - german, 64 Bit):

Teams:

• The application may be installed without admin-rights, but then it will fail to read the "local" Outlook-Calendar (on premise Exchange Server).
    Cisco somewhere mentions that a DLL needs to be manually registered..   
    really? not even a Script to be ran as Admin?
  • There was a version of Teams some time ago, that needed to read the old Installer-File to un-install the Software (?!) when it was previously installed as Admin.
  • The application is updated frequently but translations often lag behind which results in a language-mix in the GUI.
  • The application does not offer to chose the display-language (Zoom does).
  • The application does not remember the Window-Settings (size-adjustments of Contact-List-area vs. Chat-Messages-Pane)
  • The Font-Rendering is awful!! see this example:
    Rendering.png

Compare the readability of the word "Hilfe" and the Text "Verbindung...."
although the bottom-Text is smaller its still easier to read!

• Clicking onto the new-message - banner (?) often fails to bring the Teams Application to front.

Webex Meetings:

• no option to choose GUI-language (Zoom has)
  • the free Version of Webex Meetings gives you access to a personal meeting-Room, but does not offer to 
    see, set or change the Host-Pin -> Room can not be added to Webex-Teams. (confimed by Cisco-Support)
  • no option to share an application-Window in the free Version (free Zoom has, WBX needs paid version)
  • no option to connect to "normal" Google-Calendar (Zoom does, WBX needs the Commercial Google Suite)
  • no meeting-Access via Web-Browser! 
         no, it does not work to join via browser  ("No audio found.. bla bla..");
         I opened a Ticket at Cisco-Support, No solution found.
         Test with Zoom worked instantly on the same Computers, same browsers...
  • UI Design Flaws in the Webex-Meetings application:
        Window not resizable, german text too long..
    Einstellungen.png 

No indicator, that this text is clickable; compare this to the "Zoom" interface (see below)Einstellungen_2.png
    ...clickable text-element becomes underlined on mouse-over.
    Zoom_Einstellungen.png

I am not a "Zoom"-Fan - I have never heard of that product before until a few month ago!
Now I know that the founder of Zoom is the same guy who founded Webex and sold it to Cisco later.

I really wonder how Cisco on one hand can offer Meeting-Technology with AI, face recognition etc. 

and on the other hand fails so hard at Application Design and Development.

Any ideas if some of these issues are.. just a misunderstanding or my fault?

kind regards

Fritz

1 Reply 1

Fritz.H
Level 1
Level 1

Allow me to add this:

Version Check of the Webex-Meetings-Application vs. Version Check of the also installed Webex Productivity Tools:

Language?

Version-Number?

%27 ?

Version.png

?

sigh...

Fritz