cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Hosted by Cisco

willril16005
Level 1
Level 1

We currently run an implementation of WebEx but I was told that Cisco is making a change soon where all WebEx services will be hosted by Cisco... can't seem to find any announcement or documentation stating that.

Has anyone heard of this or know where I can find a statement outlining the changes?

3 Replies 3

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is correct that Cisco announced the end-of-sale of the Webex Meetings server (the on-prem solution). This solution will still be supported by Cisco till July 31, 2023:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/webex-meetings-server/eos-eol-notice-c51-743312.html

Customers who are using Webex Meetings Server can migrate to Cisco Meeting Server (which is also an on-prem solution) or to the Webex cloud platform. You can reach out to your Cisco or Partner Account Manager to discuss this in more details.

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @willril16005 ,

Can you be more specific about what you mean with "implementation of WebEx"? Will you be using a public URL like <yourcompanyname>.webex.com or are you deploying a Webex Meetings Server in your own company-hosted data center?

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

We currently have a Webex Meetings Server inside our own Data Center, My understanding was that Cisco is moving away from this and placing the Meeting Server into the "Cisco Cloud"