Views
Helpful
Replies

Webhook for telephony_push resource not available in Developer Hub

kmarimuthu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm having issue in setting up a webhook in Webex Calling developer account to receive incoming call events in the Sample Webex Android SDK app,like as mentioned in this prerequisites Webex Calling Usage Guide · webex/webex-android-sdk Wiki · GitHub . The "telephony_push" resource isn't available in the Webhook creation section of the Webex Calling developer account, and when I try to create it , I get an error saying the resource field is invalid.

kmarimuthu_0-1704215389302.png

Is there anything we need to enable in the Webex Calling Account to get the "telephony_push" resource in the webhook creation section ?
I need help in creating the webhook for "telephony_push."

Thanks and Regards,
Karthikeyan

1 Reply 1

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @kmarimuthu,

Thanks for your patience so far!
So, actually the "resource" name here is "telephony_calls", not the "telephony_push". That's why you're currently seeing the error.
It'a actually not your mistake, it's true that it's still not documented well in the Webhook API page, though it's actually properly described in Webex Developer Portal Webhook documentation here - https://developer.webex.com/docs/webhooks

Since there is no specific section for this Calling Webhook on that provided page URL, please search for the keyword "telephony_calls" in that page and you'll get the details.
Hope that'd help you.

Also, please note - currently this "telephony_calls" webhook only supports under Account or, Personal level. It currently doesn't support Org level. There is a public feature request is also raised for it - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-8154

Hope this helps!
Please let us know for any further assistance.

Regards!
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"