Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

'Assign' Keyboard and Mouse Control and Annotate options are grayed out.

When I use the 'assign' tab to pass keyboard and mouse control to a student, I find that option grayed out.  The only option I have is to make the student the presenter...which causes my screen to stop sharing.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks so much for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

@EVSCSLP , do you know if your student is joining the session via the web app?

This is a known limitation: "Presenters cannot pass keyboard and mouse control to attendees who join using the web app."
https://help.webex.com/en-us/n0rqd8g/Cisco-Webex-Web-App-Known-Issues-and-Limitations

Goswin

Response Signature

Highlighted

I had read that, but as far as I know he's logging in through my calendar invitation.

Highlighted

This still doesn't tell you how the student is joining the session: he can choose to join it via the desktop app or via the web app.
Best would be to check with the student, if possible.

Response Signature

Highlighted

So... How do I send the invite so they join via the web app only?   -and-   How do I verify the participant has logged on via the web app (and not the desktop app)?    Thank you.

Highlighted
Rising star

You need them to join using the application, not the web app.  When they receive your link and click on it, they are directed to a a website that has an icon that says "Join Meeting."  On the right side of this icon is a downward pointing arrow.  Have them click on that arrow and they will see the option to join using a browser or application.    Ask them to click on the application option.  They may need to install the application.  

Content for Community-Ad
This widget could not be displayed.