cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Assign' Keyboard and Mouse Control and Annotate options are grayed out.

EVSCSLP
Level 1
Level 1

When I use the 'assign' tab to pass keyboard and mouse control to a student, I find that option grayed out.  The only option I have is to make the student the presenter...which causes my screen to stop sharing.  Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks so much for your help!

5 Replies 5

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

You need them to join using the application, not the web app.  When they receive your link and click on it, they are directed to a a website that has an icon that says "Join Meeting."  On the right side of this icon is a downward pointing arrow.  Have them click on that arrow and they will see the option to join using a browser or application.    Ask them to click on the application option.  They may need to install the application.  

Response Signature

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@EVSCSLP , do you know if your student is joining the session via the web app?

This is a known limitation: "Presenters cannot pass keyboard and mouse control to attendees who join using the web app."
https://help.webex.com/en-us/n0rqd8g/Cisco-Webex-Web-App-Known-Issues-and-Limitations

Goswin

Response Signature

I had read that, but as far as I know he's logging in through my calendar invitation.

This still doesn't tell you how the student is joining the session: he can choose to join it via the desktop app or via the web app.
Best would be to check with the student, if possible.

Response Signature

So... How do I send the invite so they join via the web app only?   -and-   How do I verify the participant has logged on via the web app (and not the desktop app)?    Thank you.