cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I restrict who joins my webex meeting?

MotivatingMaths
Level 1
Level 1

I run a maths educational consulting business and have been running online webinars through Webex Teams, however, I find that I am constantly having to re add users each day, because they don't seem to stay in the space (I am uninstalling, reinstalling to solve the issue, sending logs, but it just continues to happen after a few weeks)... Now I have got a new issue with users not being able to be added at all, BS if you ask me, considering I pay for my membership!...  so I have had enough and have decided to give Webex Meetings a go instead... 

I know I can schedule a meeting and send out a link to the participants of the webinar I am running, however, my issue is, these people have purchased a ticket for the webinar - so how do I restrict them from simply sending the link to other educators? How do I make sure the right person is entering the meeting?

Thank you 

4 Replies 4

MotivatingMaths
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I have seen the registration option.  However, I am worried that this option will put people off because they have to register with Cisco Webex in order to attend my webinar, they cannot simply join as a guest. 

I also don't see how this will solve the issue of people who have not purchased a ticket coming into my PD because all they need to do is register...

I would much prefer to use Cisco Webex Teams because I can add the people individually to the space, so I control who attends. But it does mean that those people must have a Cisco account aswell to be able to attend and I seem to be having too many issues with adding people... and not enough Cisco support getting back to me in time to solve the issue. I'm based in Australia,  so I tend to get people trying to help me at inappropriate times. 

Hi @MotivatingMaths ,

Correct, with registrations people can still forward the invitation to someone else. This is also described on the web interface: "Attendees may still forward the meeting invitation to others or join using a name and email address that doesn't match their registration."

Regarding your remark about "having too many issues with adding people...", could you be more specific about the issues you encounter? Not sure that I'll be able to solve it, but would be interested to get a better view on the problem.
I'm asking the question as Webex Teams could offer a good solution to organize meetings with a predefined list of attendees (who have been added to a specific space).

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

The first ongoing issue I have with Webex Teams is when I add people to the space, every few days, two or three people disappear, i re add them, the next day they are gone again. 

I end up reinstalling, sending logs, continuously adding them until they stay put. But this issue will pop up every few weeks, thus an issue that has continued, dispite speaking to a Cisco Tech about it, who did help, but clearly it's still an issue. 

The latest issue was that I couldn't add a group of 5 people at all, the message 'this user could not be added,  please try again later' popped up... again the issue didn't stop, so I had to open up another case for support, first tech couldn't help. Second did... however, that was three days later... the issue has now been solved. 

My concern with Teams is that if there have been a lot of issues and if something happens the day of my webinar, it's too late to get somebody to help me. That's what I mean by there being too many ongoing issues with Teams. I pay for my account... who is going to pay for the loss of business when I can't run the webinar? 

Andres Salgado
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi MotivatingMaths, 

Have you tried registration approval required option, details in the following link:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/n8jilm2/Manage-Registration-for-Your-Cisco-Webex-Events

You can run reports to send reminder emails for registrations:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/b7bpy0/Generate-Reports-for-Cisco-Webex-Events

Thanks

Andres

Response Signature