cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sharing recorded closed captions

Jamie.L.Turner
Level 1
Level 1

I was excited to see closed captions and transcripts now added to WebEx, but do not see these options when sharing past recorded meetings.  How can students needing closed captions access this when viewing a recording?  I see options for changing the playback speed, editing where the recording starts and stops, but do not see any tools for CC on recording?  

2 Replies 2

esysu
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the screenshot @Cole Callahan! The "Create recording transcripts..." option does not show in my settings.

I know I used to have it though. Could you confirm if the option is still available on your end? 

esysu_0-1691180547675.png

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Jamie.L.Turner ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Glad to hear of your excitement for the CC and transcripts being added into Webex. I can see the transcription on my Webex recordings, and I believe that is because in Preferences under the Recording tab, I have Create recording transcripts checked.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.30.51 AM.png

To get to this screen, login to your Webex site on the browser and you should be able to edit your preferences just fine. Let me know if this helps answer your question. You should see your recordings like this going forward.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.33.26 AM.png

Response Signature