Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatically log in to webex web through cookies

Ksler
Level 1
Level 1

HI Guys,

i have a question about the webex web app / desktop app.

Pre Info:
I want to build an app with webview2 where you log in to the webex website onetime, it should save the cookies to instantly log you in the next time you start a meeting (which is obtained from the api).

So to the Question:
Does anyone know if it is possible to stay signed in through cookies? Or extend the duration of the webex cookies?

Are there some special cookies on which you have to listen to get logged in without typing in your password?
For me it only works as long as my browser stays open. After closing it i have to login again.

Although when i save my cookie and inject them everytime before i try to start a meeting it works fine for 2-3 hours.
After that time i have to login and obtain new cookies again.

A Support told me this:
"I'd say there is a way to do it, given that our native apps do extend cookie sessions automatically"
But couldn't help me further  

I already hit the cisco support which couldn't help me and sent me to this site, also the API support send me here.

Thanks in advance!
Jonas

5 Replies 5

Ksler
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to re-ask the question because i think it wasn't 100% understandable.
I found out the the Webex desktop automatically extends the time cookies are valid.
And my Question is (if the devs/support staff is allowed to tell me) how this works because i need it for my application aswell.

Regards,
Jonas 

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Ksler 

Thanks for your patience so far.

Since this not a question regarding the Webex APIs, that's why you've not received a faster reply on this.

Possibly General Support was prominent on this situation.

However, I wanted to know - are you using any of the Webex SDK like, Browser/JS SDK for your application when you say - "I want to build an app with webview2 where you log in to the webex website onetime"

I quick confirmation would help us to focus on this question more prominently.

Otherwise, here I wanted share you Doc. page which should give you some preliminary idea about how to save Cookies for Webex meetings URL API - https://developer.cisco.com/docs/webex-meetings/#!cookies-and-webex-meetings-url-api/cookies--webex-meetings-url-api

Please let us know if you've any further query on this.

Regards,
Sandip

Hey @sandiban 

No i'm not i just open a webview2 window, in which the user logs in (https://signin.webex.com) From there i get the cookies and redirect the user to the oauth login (which then goes automatically). This Browser gets closed and the cookies get saved. 
Then i'm getting the meetings from the webex api, i send the join link to another computer with the cookies, this computer injects the cookies in a private browser and loads the join url => as result the user shouldn't have to log in and join the meeting.

But my problem is that those cookies only work for 2-3 hours before i have to go through the login process again.
So my question is how can i automatically extend the expiration date of the important login cookies, like the webex desktop app probably does too.

Regards
Jonas

Hi Ksler , you can enable idle timeout for Webex App for web users so they get signed out of their account after a specified amount of time. which you probably have to do in CH, here is a link that can guide you https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/2j42yk/Enable-Idle-Timeout-for-Webex-App-for-Web 

Hello Patience, i already set the idle timeout to no timeout. But it doesn't solve the problem, no matter who long it is the cookies have still the same behaviour as before.