cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Azure to Webex Control Hub sync

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has recently integrated their Webex Control Hub to Azure AD. They already had manually created users in WCH. These users are in the Azure group to be sync'd however when one of these users is deleted from Azure the soft delete does not happen and they do not go inactive in WCH.

Is this expected behaviour as they were manually created before the sync? I've done some digging assigned but can't find anything to suggest this.

Anyone come across this before?

Thanks

Glyn

3 Replies 3

Ramon G.
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Kennett, 

When you integrate Control Hub with your AD (on-prem/cloud) for user management, your AD becomes the final and only source of trust hence it wont matter if old users were manually created in Control Hub prior. Deleting user in the AD group synced will place the account in inactive state and eventually deleted after 30 days the user in Control Hub (you may already know this).

If you see those accounts still as Active in control hub, I'd recommend you double check if the attribute mapping are the same for such accounts.

Hope it helps.

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for this. This is certainly my understanding too. I have seen this behaviour in an AD (on prem) environment too.

There is very little you can change with mappings on Azure, but I will get this checked out anyway.

Thanks again

Glyn

Hi Glyn,

Did you find an answer to your question?

I have the same issue and I asked various Cisco engineers (I had even a TAC case) but nobody can answer. The documentation is quite clear that users should get Inactive and deleted after 30 days if you delete the user, remove from the AD group or Webex application, block user to sign in in Azure. As you mentioned, the behavior when using Directory Connector is as expected and no issues.

Cris