cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth Audio Issues (powersave sleep error)

C.Woerner
Level 1
Level 1

My bluetooth headset doesn't seem to be "aware" of the audio; the sound work just fine, but my headset automatically turns off if it's not playing any sound for ten minutes or so and it keeps doing this during Webex meetings. That is to say, as far as I can tell the problem is the audio from the Webex meeting doesn't count towards my headset's timeout function. This issue only occurs with Webex, nothing else.

I can't change the sleep function on my headset, and while naturally I can just plug an audio cable into it I thought I should mention this problem in case there's some other fix because it's the future now and wires are bad. 

3 Replies 3

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@C.Woerner 

Please allow me to ask in what kind of meetings nobody is talkin for more than 10 minutes?

When you say "This issue only occurs with Webex, nothing else." - do you use any other conferencing software on the same computer with the same headset etc.. without issues?  or do you mean: while e.g. listening to music, it does not happen?

Idea:
on Windows there are options that components (USB-Ports etc..) may be shut down temporarily by the operating system for power-saving porposes.
This may perhaps also affect the Bluetooth-module in your computer.
Perhaps you may want to check that..?

Hi there - I've used Zoom and Skype, iirc this has not happened there. No, I'm not in a silent webmeeting.

@C.Woerner 

Please don´t get me wrong -I did not assume that you have "useless"/silent meetings.
I was just curious since you wrote: "..my headset automatically turns off if it's not playing any sound for ten minutes or so.."

Besides my idea regarding the power-saving options (in the Device-Manager - not control panel)
I have no further ideas right now, sorry.

EDIT: OK, one more idea:
You may want to check these settings:
(Screenshot in german, sorry)
grafik.png
honestly I have no idea if or how these settings may affect applications, but perhaps...?