cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't hide floating toolbar with keyboard shortcut since update

Jill.Robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Yesterday I updated the Webex app on both my desktop PC and Windows tablet.  Since then, the keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + shift + q and ctrl + shift + alt + h) to hide the floating toolbar when sharing is no longer working on either device.  Anyone finding this to be an issue?  Since updating, I am on version 41.4.4.10

I work in a school using Webex for hybrid learning so this feature is heavily used by all the teachers.

3 Replies 3

lois
Level 1
Level 1

What is the shortcut to hide this Webex app floating share screen bar on MacOS? Webex meetings app does hide its floating share screen bar with Option + Command + Shirt + H, but that does not work on Webex app. I have attached an image with that Webex app bar which I cannot hide. Thank you!

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Jill.Robinson,

Good idea to start a new thread.

I agree that the whole hide/show controls options need to be MUCH better.

I suggest all readers vote for https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-1320

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Jill.Robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Think I found the answer to my own question.  If you have your video turned off while sharing and attempt to use the keyboard shortcut to hide the floating panel, the shortcut doesn't work.  When you turn your video on, the shortcut goes back to working.  I don't really understand why having your video off would affect the keyboard shortcut, though.  Doesn't make sense.