cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Canceling a recurring meeting

michelle.adams
Level 1
Level 1

When canceling a recurring meeting, is there a way to have only future meetings canceled and removed from calendars, rather than having it cancel past meetings as well? I often reference my calendar to determine when committees last met, etc., and this poses a challenge if I have canceled a recurring meeting.

2 Replies 2

michelle.adams
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, changing the end date on the WebEx invite only canceled subsequent meetings on the organizer's calendar - it did not send updates to the calendars of others who were invited to the series. 

Hendrik Schraa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michelle, which calendaring system are you using for this? Google Calendar, or Microsoft Exchange? Or within the Webex meeting system only?
For e.g. Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, you can find an article about it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cancel-all-future-meetings-in-a-series-9eaeee8c-bfe3-46a0-a092-9a2707f3b133

In line with that suggestion: if you want to cancel future meetings only, the best way seems to be by changing the end date to "now" - which i'd think as a concept would replicate across any scheduling system.

Hope this helps!