cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot use virtual background despite it working previously

yeetboy
Level 1
Level 1

My school uses Webex for online students and we are allowed to have virtual backgrounds for our cameras, but I woke up today to find out that my computer no longer meets the system requirements and I cannot use virtual backgrounds anymore. I have made no changes or installments to my computer in the last couple of months and virtual backgrounds has worked completely fine for those months aside from today and I cannot understand why

31 Replies 31

lpiedimonte
Level 1
Level 1

Webex Teams on brand new Lenovo X1 Fold. Same issue. No virtual background available in teams and Webex meetings. Also if I go to use the video camera, it will hang and crash webex.

William de Haan
Level 1
Level 1

The same thing happened to me.

After using backgrounds in both WebEx Meet and WebEx Teams since March, last week, WebEx Meet now complains that my machine (Windows 10, i7, 16GB) does not meet minimum requirements.

WebEx Teams, however, continues to meet expectations and works.

Aaaand, my WebEx Teams just updated, and now it won't do backgrounds either, for the same reason.

This morning, my PC met minimum requirements. Now, it doesn't.

I have the same problem, did you find a solution ? If you did can you shared? I don't know what to do, this is crazy!!!         THANK YOU

I've made a suggestion that they make this feature backwards compatible since it did previously work. Learned there are a lot of members experiencing the same issue.

panderson25
Level 1
Level 1

I have also seen this recently with systems that just meet the minimum spec, such as i5 series 4000 and 4GB RAM, Windows 10.  Case open, waiting to get a unit in hand to generate logs.

Will be following this as I opened a case and learned the bug doesn't have a fix at this time. My own system used to have virtual background but now I do not stating I do not meet the minimum requirements!!! Others.. the desktop app locks up when ever they select virtual background.

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

There is a known bug.. Virtual Background Crashes Webex ClientCSCvv88245 Webex support stated no fix at this time.

This is not the problem most of us are describing, but good to know.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@yeetboy 
A Webex-Site is centrally managed by a thing called "Webex Control Hub".
It allows admins to manage licenses, set default-parameters for Webex-Clients and enable/disable options.

I have seen recently, that this management interface also offers options to disallow the use of virtual backgrounds.
Perhaps you may want to check with your IT-Team if this option is properly configured.

That doesn't seem to be the problem because the error that I am getting is "You cannot use your virtual background because your computer's CPU or GPU configuration or performance is too low," plus I'd be the only one with this problem as everyone I've talked to doesn't seem to have a problem with it