cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certain Participants Not Able to Join Breakout Sessions

Timmo
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the Chrome browser version of Webex and some participants aren't able to join breakout sessions. No matter how many times I move certain participants into a given Breakout Session, they are not able to join.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

There are some limitations using Breakout Rooms through the browser.  I would recommend you download the app and use it in order to make sure you have full functionality.  Those that attend would also get the best experience if they are using the app instead of the browser.  If they have to use a browser, check this link to make sure their browser supports this feature:

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/9ehuwu/Webex-Meetings-Web-App-Supported-Operating-Systems-and-Browsers 

If you continue to have this issue, check which type of browser the users are joining from.  If you can't see the users to move them to a breakout room, they may have joined while you were setting up the breakout rooms so Webex didn't have them in the meeting in order to move them to a room.  You can usually resolve this by closing the breakout management window and then opening it again.  It will save all the previous settings you had created and should now have those attendees available to move to a room.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

There are some limitations using Breakout Rooms through the browser.  I would recommend you download the app and use it in order to make sure you have full functionality.  Those that attend would also get the best experience if they are using the app instead of the browser.  If they have to use a browser, check this link to make sure their browser supports this feature:

https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/9ehuwu/Webex-Meetings-Web-App-Supported-Operating-Systems-and-Browsers 

If you continue to have this issue, check which type of browser the users are joining from.  If you can't see the users to move them to a breakout room, they may have joined while you were setting up the breakout rooms so Webex didn't have them in the meeting in order to move them to a room.  You can usually resolve this by closing the breakout management window and then opening it again.  It will save all the previous settings you had created and should now have those attendees available to move to a room.

Response Signature

Thank you Kathy N. I use Linux, so I don't have any choice but the browser version. However, this may be of use on my participants' end.

renukuma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following known issues and limitations apply when using devices in Meetings breakout sessions.

• Support for breakout sessions is only available on Webex Cloud Connected Devices and Webex Edge Devices configured for Webex Optimized Join mode.

• Supported Webex devices must have Room OS 10 software.

• Breakout sessions are not supported on older Webex devices, such as the DX, SX and MX-series.

• Pre-assignment to breakout sessions for personal mode devices is not supported. Users on personal mode devices will have to be manually assigned to their intended breakout sessions.

• When breakout sessions are set up to let participants choose any session, users on devices will not be able to choose the breakout session they want to join.

• When a user on the Meetings app is in a breakout session and they try to pair with a device that is already in a breakout session, a "device busy" message is shown.

• Users on devices cannot ask for help when in a breakout session.

• Broadcast messages sent by the host are not visible on devices.

• Devices joining meeting from Video mesh cant join breakout session.

Refer to this article for more details: https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nics5vf/Webex-Meetings-%7C-Known-issues-and-limitations-for-breakout-sessions