cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App appears to have malfunctioned

KCav45
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App appears to have malfunctioned - When I click on Schedule a Meeting a Microsoft Outlook 2010 Startup window pops-up . In Preferences under Calendar  I selected Webex and left Outlook unchecked. I filed a Cisco Webex  Meetings Problem Report and It was  assigned a tracking number. They asked me to submit a case to my support representative but I was unable to because I am using the Starter Pack so I came here.  Is there anything else I should do to resolve this matter?

When I tried to log into Internal Cisco Webex Administration and received Internal Authentication error see System Administrator.

I am running the Started Pack, what should I do?  

I signed up for the Starter pack. The email address I used was
kcav175@gmail.com

I clicked on the link you sent and opened Webex case 688841260

No it doesn't - it should but instead it tries to open Microsoft Outlook

6 Replies 6

KCav45
Level 1
Level 1

I have been told that the Schedule icon on the desktop only works with Outlook in order to a scedule a meeting I need to go to the Webex website and log into my account. I did and I was able to schedule a meeting, 

Issue resolved.

Great to hear!

If you're looking for a more articles on how to schedule a meeting this may be a good place to review: https://help.webex.com/ld-nyw95a4-CiscoWebexMeetings/Webex-Meetings#Schedule-Meetings

KCav45
Level 1
Level 1

HP Elitebook model 8460p also HP Elitebook model 8440p; both running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. 

Cisco Webex Mettings Desktop App version 4.20.12.18 

When I click on Schedule Outlook 2010 pops-up, under Preference I selected Webex 

Hi Kenneth,

TAC support is available for you. I checked the case notes and it appears the agent was unable to get ahold of you. I would create a new case and use the number you provided as reference. Direct support is available.

Cheers,

Richard

I'm back.  Sorry I was unable to reply 3 days ago.  The problem still exists only it`s slightly different.   Now when I open Cisco Webex Meetings the Schedule icon is dark. It appears not to be available.  When I click on it opens Outlook

I am running Cisco Webex Meetings version 40.  I the Calendar set to Webex Meetings, Outlook is unchecked.  What should I do to get the Schedule function working?

Gustavo Medina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @KCav45 

You posted this question on an  Ask Me Anything is for Configuration, Troubleshooting and Best Practices: Anyconnect Remote Access VPN on ASA and FTD but I'll try to help with my limited Webex knowledge.

By default it will use outlook to schedule the meeting but if you want to use the WebEx site instead then once the user hits schedule from the Webex Desktop Application, it opens the default browser window to schedule a meeting from the webex site.

To accomplish that, please disable the below options under Site Administration.

webex.png

Regards,

Gustavo