Views
Helpful
Replies

Copy/Paste option is not seen on right click in Webex TEAMS

vijrajar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

I upgraded my MAC OS to "Big Sur" and now I don't see the copy/paste option when I right click in the Webex Teams to copy some text etc.

Has anyone come across this behaviour. The copy/paste from keyboard works.

8 Replies 8

todd-murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed the same thing, but I also noticed that the right click menu came back if I had the chat window full screen or nearly full screen. -same with image options, nothing unless the chat is taking up the whole screen.

-Windows 10 Enterprise

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm using Windows, so the experience may be different, but I need to highlight specific text before the "copy" option shows up when right-clicking. Simply right-clicking on the message does not show the "copy" option. In the latest update, if you right-click on a link, the "copy" option is available, which is a slight improvement.

Wade..

Thanks for your response.

In my case (MAC), even when I select the text or hover over a link and then right click, I do not see the copy/paste option.

I just booted up a Macbook to test. The copy option is available to me when right clicking using the latest version of Webex (41.2.0.17979), but I'm running MacOS High Sierra. Perhaps there's an issue or bug with Big Sur. Hopefully someone else with the same OS can chime in with their results.

Basic troubleshooting steps you could try in the meantime:

- Reboot PC

- Reset local database (Help->Health Checker->Reset Database)

- Reinstall Webex

Yes, it was working for me on High Sierra but not after upgrade to Big Sur.

I’ll check some articles and may be follow the basic troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for testing it quickly.

I have the same problem and it seems that when i ask around, most people has. Command + V only works with text but not screen shot objects (Shift + Control + Command + 4) then Command + V

I am using Big Sur and I have not come across this issue.  Are you running the latest client?  Make sure you are on 42.8.x

I’m using MAC Monterey and Webex client ver. 42.8.0.23214

The issue is not happening now.