cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Crosshatched voice

MadaNamb36918
Level 1
Level 1

We have communication hatches in our webex meetings. But when I ping the ip from the cisco webex service, we get no packet loss (0%). And the screen shares work really well (no delay). So we have a good connection speed. How do you think I can solve this problem?

5 Replies 5

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm not sure what "crosshatched voice" means, but I assume you're talking about audio quality degradation. There are many factors that could impact this.

First, you can run the Webex Media test which will tell you whether you have all the proper ports open on your network and are getting sufficient TCP/UDP connectivity rates (speed, jitter, loss rate, etc.). This will help you identify potential network issues.
http://mediatest.webex.com/

Beyond that, make sure that participants are using quality microphones. I find Webex often struggles with built-in PC/camera mic's, because of all the compression and filtering they do. Headsets definitely work best, and Bluetooth devices should be avoided in my experience.

Finally, I would check your audio options within Webex. Particularly, play with the settings for "Remove Background Noise", which can do more bad than good in certain environments.

@MadaNamb36918 might also be interesting to observe the statistics while in a problem meeting under the menu Help... Health Checker... Audio and Video Statistics...

Hello Fredless,

Yes, i see over 90% of packet loss in UDP Audio. How it's possible? How solve it ?

Audio stat.JPG

Hello Wade,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is a audio quality degradation. And when i test our network, it stay on UPD status and it never finish(as picture in below) . For the setting and the quality microphones, we all use a new Jabra microphone and i already have checked all options. Why the test never finished? Because, if the udp connectivity is passed, the test should finished , no ?

Best regards,

network test.JPG

I think the tool has problems with certain browsers. If possible, try running it in the latest version of Chrome or Firefox .