Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize view attendees during a session with interpreting

Hello,

I'm contacting you from a translation company. Our customer has a Webex training with interpreting via Interactio. The interpreters will be seeing the attendees and the shared presentation on Webex meeting and they ask if it would be possible to customize the view of the attendees: they would need to see only the speaker and the presentation, not all the participants in their little screens or at least not no to see so many participants, 4 máx. + the presentation. How our customer could arrange it in their Webex meeting?

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

Maksym Kozub
Spotlight
Spotlight

"Webex training with interpreting via Interactio" — have you and your customer finally decided for this combination? I will explain the reason I am asking this question. I did not use Interactio, but I know it can be used as an event platform. However, since your customer uses Webex for their training event, I think they need/like some great features that Webex has. If so, then I am wondering whether they (and you) are aware of the fact that it is possible to do simultaneous interpretation in Webex (under various paid plans). This feature was introduced several months ago. I am a conference interpreter and a Webex license holder, and I have already had some Webex meetings where my colleague and I did simultaneous interpretation in Webex for our clients. Sometimes I would organize the Webex meeting using my license; sometimes the client would organize it on their own, under their Webex license, and invite me and my colleague as interpreters.

In the situation you have described here, is there any special reason for your customer and you to use Interactio for interpretation? If there is no such reason, then I would consider Webex for everything, i.e. both training as such and interpretation. In that case, it will be possible to adjust the layout in Webex client software (i.e. the app or Web browser).

Please feel free to ask about any details of arranging simultaneous interpretation in Webex, and I will gladly try and answer any questions you may have.