cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Differing Join Meeting Experiences

neisanto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recently, I noticed in the desktop app that if I schedule a meeting from a space to an internal/external contact the "join meeting" button will not appear on their end. The end user must use the link provided.

When I schedule from the calendar icon from the same desktop application the "join meeting" button appears for the end users. What is the reason for these differing experiences and how are users being notified of these differences?

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you mean the green join button that appears within the app in your space list, or in the body of the email invite?

I haven't noticed this behavior, but the 2 scheduling methods you describe are in fact different. Scheduling a meeting from a space generates a meeting using the new Webex app platform, while scheduling a meeting from the calendar tab generates a meeting using your personal meeting room, via the Webex Meetings platform. Sounds like it could be a bug with the version you are using, which may be different than the publicly available version seeing as you are a Cisco employee...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Okay, now that I know you mean the e-mail body, I am able to reproduce this as well (v41.7). Meetings scheduled from a space do not include a green "Join meeting" button in the meeting invite, but meetings scheduled from the calendar tab do. Must be a bug or limitation.

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you mean the green join button that appears within the app in your space list, or in the body of the email invite?

I haven't noticed this behavior, but the 2 scheduling methods you describe are in fact different. Scheduling a meeting from a space generates a meeting using the new Webex app platform, while scheduling a meeting from the calendar tab generates a meeting using your personal meeting room, via the Webex Meetings platform. Sounds like it could be a bug with the version you are using, which may be different than the publicly available version seeing as you are a Cisco employee...

Great question Wade, thank you for the clarifying question, and I was referring to the body of the email invite. 

I'll have to look into any known bugs with the 41.8 version. I appreciate the feedback!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.