Views
Helpful
Replies

Favorite Webex Teams Theme?

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi everyone,

As the exciting updates keep rolling out, I'd love to know.... Out of all the new Teams color themes, which is your favorite and why?

teams spaces.png

Personally, my favorite has to be Nightlife! I love the sleek look with the cool nighttime colors.

Response Signature

5 Replies 5

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Fritz_H Thank you for the feedback. It helps us make a better product. I sent this directly to the team that manages the updates!

Response Signature

@Cole Callahan 

Thanks for your reply and your untiring, mindful community-management.

@Fritz_H Thank you for your comment! It means a lot! I want to make sure you have the best community experience possible.

Not to pat each other on the back here, but I am extremely grateful for you and your contributions here! You continuously share your knowledge and help your fellow community members use Webex to its full potential. Thank you for being a shining example of what it means to be an active community member. I appreciate your selflessness and all that you do.

I love my job, and members like you make it even more enjoyable. Your knowledge, feedback, and questions are always welcome. 

Cheers,

Response Signature

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Cole Callahan 
Hi Cole,

honestly: none of them.

- I don´t like background-images since they distract from the content.

- I don´t like "dark themes" (no matter how much they are hyped currently) since usability-analysis showed that dark text on bright background is easier to read.

(bright background makes the eye lens contract which sharpens the sight which makes it easier to ready the text.

Everyone wearing glasses will confirm that he can see sharper during summer (bright light) than at dark wintertime.

We all are more productive and precise in a bright working-environment; watchmakers, surgeons etc. even use special lightfor their work. Dark themes are the exact opposite  of that.)

- there are some flaws: your status-message is (afaik) just static text but its shown with the same visual design as "Connect to a Device" which is very likely an interactive element (button) = something different, but visually there is no difference.

- the text-typing-area is always some orange/brown: why? this flavor is not used for anything else, in "Dark" it even looks very out of place...

- interactive elements are still tiny

- what does "Add+"  mean?  add = add  / "+" = add  / "add+"  = add add ?

- no Scrollbar visible: will it be Cisco-designed or OS-Design?

- still no timeline...

- what is that lonely "+" in the Titlebar good for?

- the "Meet"-Button is soooo far away from the action. Why?

- the Text-Block - Highlight-color is always grey?

- the separator-line (new Messages, Today)  is always light grey - except in Nightlife?

- the area with "apps" and "help" looks very much like MS Teams.... a desired effect?

- those "new message"-bullets: I think they should be placed in front of the contact, not behind.

think of a list with long and short names. To be able to read the long names, you will resize that area. But by doing this, the bullets will also move to the right = away from those contacts with short names = harder to see where a bullet belongs to.
If the bullets are placed to the left of the Avatar-image, they will
1.) always be in the same place - no matter  how you resize the areas and
2.) always be close to the name. 
(I am not sure if I could explain that properly..)

kind regards
Fritz

Well said @Fritz_H 

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.