Views
Helpful
Replies

Grouping partecipant

alifond
Level 1
Level 1

Dear comunity,

I've a little question but hI've not found right solution...

It's possible to "create" one or more group of participants so I can invite them quickly by select group's name?

it's possible to show in the participant panel on the right a "grouping" view?

We have to make a meeting when a group (organizator and "fixed" people) stand for the meeting whole duartion and 5 groups that join and left at specific hours (one at time). 

Many thanks in advance...

3 Replies 3

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@alifond 

Since I am not sure if I did understand your question properly: please be patient with me, if my answer does not meet your question...

Invitations:
If you send the meeting-invitations via e.g. Outlook (with the Productivity Tools AddOn) you may use all address-"group"-features which Outlook has to offer since Webex is "just" the content of the invitation: Meeting-Title, URL, Dial-in - PhoneNumber (if still used..), Meeting-Password..

You may either schedule a meeting in your PMR (personal meeting room) which has a fixed URL and invite those 5 groups to the same room but for different time-slots. Make sure they all have to wait in the virtual lobby.
Then you pick person by person whom you want to enter - just to make sure that someone who arrived to early remains in the lobby.

This approach would be very much like in "real life" (a talent show or an audition) but may cause lots of clicking - depending on the size of these 5 groups.

You may also schedule 5 independent meetings (each has a unique meeting-URL). The lobby is not that important in this case since only members of "group A" will arrive in the meeting "Group A" because of the link they received.
You just have to make sure that you switch from one meeting to the next. (much like moving to another room, in real life..)

I Fritz_H, you solution sounds good (and sorry for my english) 

the main problem is that we are 20 "examinators" (host and board's member) so:

1. in the first proposal I have to click from the lobby all "candidates" of a group and after I have to click one at time the candidates name to "send away" him. the problem is that in the partecipant panel we have 20+ name ordered alphabetically and its a lot of time to find the right one: there is a shortcut you know?

2. the second proposal was the best and simple... but boards members don't want to join and left several time in a day...

many thx in advance!

@alifond 

(Nothing wrong about your English; since it´s a foreign language for me too, I know first hand how hard it sometimes can be, to explain a complex problem with just a few words..)

OK, How would you handle the situation in "real life"?

Book one room for the entire "session", send invitations to all board-members and candidates,
gather all board-members in that room early before the session starts, have one candidate after the other enter, perform and leave?
(including going to the lobby, asking for the next candiate on the list to answer, step forward and prove his identity before he is allowed to enter the room...)
In real life this method causes some administative work too.

If you have defined processes/procedures how things need to be done in your company,
software may support and ease these processes, but it hardly can replace them, I think.