cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I enable my attendees to move between breakout rooms themselves?

Hi there,

I require attendees to be able to move between breakout rooms independently, without being moved by a host or cohost.  Is this possible?  If it is not, can only users with paid licenses be made cohosts and therefore access the breakout room functionality?

Thank you,

Charlie

1 Accepted Solution

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Attendees arenā€™t free to pick and choose the breakout rooms they want to go to. Cohosts or hosts, are the only roles that can move attendees.

If the paid host makes someone else host or cohosts, those individuals donā€™t need a license on the platform.

The person whoā€™s room or the person who scheduled the meeting needs to have a host license.

At the same time though if this is going to happen regularly than its best to look at more host licenses.

For reference https://help.webex.com/en-us/nroo6fs/Webex-Meetings-Breakout-Sessions

Thanks ashish

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Not sure how familiar you are with Webex Teams, but you can create a Team and then add Spaces within the Team to have a similar functionality.  Webex Teams works with the app and a browser but everyone that joins has to have an account, whether licensed or free.  It does let people move freely within the Team from one Space to another and have a meeting going within each Space that they can then join as needed.

Response Signature

Ok, thank you.  It's good to have options and to know what the possible risks are. 

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for the reply. If I can make someone a cohost who does not have a paid license, can I make each attendee a cohost so they can then navigate to breakout rooms of their choosing?

Best regards,

Charlie

In theory yes, but then all havoc could ensue, where everyone has equal access to lock, kick out, share, mute, unmute others and this could turn into mahem.
Do you trust the users to know what they are doing? vs A select few controlling the experience and moving people to break outs as required?
Rgs
Ashish

Response Signature

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Attendees arenā€™t free to pick and choose the breakout rooms they want to go to. Cohosts or hosts, are the only roles that can move attendees.

If the paid host makes someone else host or cohosts, those individuals donā€™t need a license on the platform.

The person whoā€™s room or the person who scheduled the meeting needs to have a host license.

At the same time though if this is going to happen regularly than its best to look at more host licenses.

For reference https://help.webex.com/en-us/nroo6fs/Webex-Meetings-Breakout-Sessions

Thanks ashish

Response Signature

Soon with WBS 41.1, there will be the "Let Anyone Join this Breakout Session" feature available. Note the feature will be deployed a bit after the platform upgrade itself ("delayed release cycle")

https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Channel-of-Webex-Meetings