cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to block or autodetect strong language (swear words) on Webex chat

purple_team
Level 1
Level 1

Some incident happened during one of the meetings my team was hosting. Two participants had an argument via Chat. At some point one started using very strong language. Thus, I'd like to know if there is a bot or a plugin which can be implemented into Webex and automatically detect/block curses appearing in the chat section (I couldn't find anything on Webex App Hub). Note, the users speak Polish in most cases so it is important I could manually add specific words to the blocklist. My team and I usually host (administer) 50-70 personal rooms at the same time (we do not actively participate in the meetings, we host them and just make sure everything works fine), so it's very difficult to monitor all chats and "look for" curses. I would be grateful for any suggestions/help.

Best regards.

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Are you talking about a chat during a meeting or for spaces?

I think there is no word blacklist available for both.

For spaces, you may create your own integration: receive all messages:created events (or use the /events endpoint to search for all messages), check their content and modify them if required. That would require you to be a compliance officer, for sure.

I am talking about a chat during a meeting. Sadly, I can't find anything on Webex App Hub. It is also difficult to block or monitor a specific user because the attendees are guests (join via a link).