cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear / delete recent Personal Rooms?

ganesht
Level 1
Level 1

I would appreciate if someone could advise on how to clear the recent Personal Rooms. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

dsadams
Level 1
Level 1

My Webex Meeting client is a new install (but been using it on other PC) and the "Recent Personal Rooms" is very old meeting.

where as the recent shown on my account on webex.com is the actual recent meetings.

So there is some linkage missing between the actual recent rooms and what is on the Webex Meeting Client.

5/11/21 follow up: the latest Update pushed to my Meetings client solved this issue.  My recents on the client now show actual meetings from yesterday, etc.

View solution in original post

21 Replies 21

eniraldo
Level 1
Level 1

It seems just fixed to me as well, after I have applied the most recent update upon my client.  

dsadams
Level 1
Level 1

My Webex Meeting client is a new install (but been using it on other PC) and the "Recent Personal Rooms" is very old meeting.

where as the recent shown on my account on webex.com is the actual recent meetings.

So there is some linkage missing between the actual recent rooms and what is on the Webex Meeting Client.

5/11/21 follow up: the latest Update pushed to my Meetings client solved this issue.  My recents on the client now show actual meetings from yesterday, etc.

jordan.brookman
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having this same issue.  My "Recent Personal Rooms" shows contacts I haven't had calls with in many months, while the contacts I'm in calls with every day do not show up.  Does anyone have any updates on this?

manuel.daza
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried both in Windows and Mac (this last is my main system) and the issue is yet there.

The recent rooms is still showing random people. Cleaning cache or uninstalling the app and reinstalling again doesn't work.

Any other ideas? when will we have a working update?

Thanks,

Me too. And in addition: I have Webex client installed in another computer, and in both this list with various “ghost entries” appear, and showing exactly the same people. Seems something to be fixed on the server side of the Cisco Webex infrastructure.

Best Regards,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eniraldo Macedo de Oliveira

Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 13:39
To: Eniraldo Macedo de Oliveira
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: How to clear / delete recent Personal Rooms (Cisco Community Subscription Update: Webex Meetings and Webex (formerly Webex Teams) )

Cisco Community Hi eniraldo, raiman (Beginner) posted a new reply in Webex Meetings and Webex (formerly Webex Teams) ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

This message came from outside your organization.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

[https://community.cisco.com/html/assets/logo.png]
Cisco Community

Hi eniraldo,
raiman (Beginner) posted a new reply in Webex Meetings and Webex (formerly Webex Teams) on 04-27-2021 09:35 AM
and reinstalled. The app has gone through an update and no resolution.
Helpful [Helpful] Reply [Reply]

I haven't seen any updates from Cisco. We discussed this in one of our
daily calls and we all have a broken "recents" list. I've deleted the app
and reinstalled. The app has gone through an update and no resolution.

eniraldo
Level 1
Level 1

Same here.  and reported dates  of when the problem began seem matching as well.  Definitely a recent upgrade messed this "recent personal rooms" list, making recent one no longer appear and really old ones to appear.  

jens.peter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
After upgrade of the client, the 'Recent' list is not recent   --  it is some random? past time rooms listed.

( Login to my Webex Home, show the correct 'Recent List' )
Regards 
Jens

My Win10 client also started having this problem after a recent upgrade.  I deleted the app and reinstalled but it remembered all the random people in the "Recent Personal Rooms".  There are people listed I've never had a Webex on their room.  It also is not changing-- ie the call I have every day does not show in the list.

Seems to be a bug that comes with the latest update to "Cisco Webex Meetings" client - I saw that, too.

manuel.daza
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please elaborate how you solved it?

I'm also stuck with the wrong "Recent Personal Rooms". It's showing me people I haven't met in months (most of the cases), while the ones I'm currently meeting everyday are not showing.

This was one of the most useful features. It'd be great to have the option to clear history, or even add some favorites or shortcuts.

Thanks,

I didn't solve the problem. I just installed the new "Webex" client for Windows.

With the new installation, my list was empty (or rather, there is no such list as that one).

But the new client now

a) shows all my last meetings and allows me to directly join a meeting with that person

b) allows me to create teams/favorites, which sort of gives ME control of the list, instead of letting Webex decide that just because I had a single all hands meeting with an executive that the assistant's meeting now should replace the avatar of that colleague that has been on vacation for the last 2 weeks...

The new client is once again a bit different to handle, and it brings a couple of features that we are not using (because we use other tools for telephony and chatting) and it takes up a lot of unnecessary space, but overall, I still decided to keep that one and deinstalled the older "Cisco Webex Meetings" client.

Thanks, I'll try it. I'm using Mac, not sure if there'll be changes in the client...

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@ganesht 

This may answer your question:

Release-Notes for the Android-APP: 41.2.1.147
(did not find any info about the iOS-Version...)

We've added the following features:
• Clean up call history
• Turn off background noise in meetings and calls
• Play music during meetings and calls
• Park and retrieve calls (Webex calls, calling hosted by service provider)
• Share your location in case of emergency (Unified CM)
• Cohost support
• Mute participants on entry to meetings
• Allow attendees to unmute themselves
• Raise hand in a meeting

Edit:
This is also availble in the Webex-Client (Windows):  Version: 41.2.0.17979

right-click: "erase" and "erase all"
grafik.png

How do you get to the UI of your previous post? I am always seeing the one from the post before that (the one showing the "Recent Personal Rooms" as Avatars), where I have no possibility to interact with any of the avatars, except starting a meeting by left-click.

With the last update of my WebEx client I seem to have lost all my *true* recent personal rooms. Instead, I am now seeing some contacts that I haven't had a meeting with for years...

Nevermind... Found it myself - one is "Cisco Webex Meetings" and the other is the "Webex Client"...

Sorry, that I was too slow to answer earlier

and

great that you found what you are looking for.

The only way that I found was remove and install. Reinstall doesn't work .

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@ganesht , could you elaborate on what you mean by "clear the recent Personal Rooms"?

Response Signature

@Goswin Weemaes 

I guess he is looking for a "clear history"-feature for this:

grafik.png     grafik.png

Since Webex still does not offer to switch the UI-Language on the fly, I can provide screenshots in german only, sorry.