cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create a Webex Bridge ?

Seb Roy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all and thank you in advance for your help.

I am managing a bit over 20 projects simultaneously and I am always running around to find Bridge Call links.

This is when you can make a meeting and send it to other people and YOU (the HOST) do not need to attend for the meeting to start.

This would be so helpful for myself and many other colleagues as sometimes I can have 4-5 projects in execution going from 10pm to 6am and I work from 8am to 6pm, so I'd have to be around to clock to join every meeting I send so other people can talk to each other - this really hinders on sleep and wellbeing.

If anyone knows how to create a bridge like this or multiple of them, please help!!!

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

WBXAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

Each meeting you schedule has a unique host key and when you send out the invite you can opt to give that out to all the attendees so one of them can claim the host role in order to keep the meeting running without you ever joining. Try it out to see if this method works for you. Schedule a meeting, note the host key in the meeting information section and copy-n-paste it into the invitation email, when attendees join the meeting the first person can click on the Participant menu, select Reclaim Host Role and then enter the key.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

You may promote other users to co-hosts (they'd need a meeting license as well).

Or, in case you're using the Webex app, you may use seperate spaces (eg. one for each project) and be part of everyone. The space meeting capabilities are sponsored by the "best" space member, so you'd also do several meetings at once..

Hi dtibbe,

First off, thank you for your response, greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately not all party's have Webex as these meeting are scheduled with our technical resources and multiple third parties.

We do use Webex app, I tried this and it worked nicely until you have to invite a third party that does not have a Webex account registered to their email address as this is a requirement to send invites.

Is there maybe an option somewhere where we can ''check'' a box that does not require Host to be present to start the meeting?

I feel like this is a feature a lot of people would like and must be somewhere.

Thank you.