cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make a non-speaker video full screen

madhu_kontham
Level 1
Level 1

The lecturer was using 2 phones, one was focused on the white board and the other one was being used as a microphone. The white board phone was always on mute because its purpose was to capture whatever was being written on the white board. Since this phone participant never became an active speaker, it always remained as a thumbnail as against full screen and the students were not able to see anything written on the whiteboard. Is there a solution? If not, will it not be a good feature to make any participant (active or inactive/mute) full screen?

2 Accepted Solutions

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @madhu_kontham ,

Did you try the "Lock Video"-functionality of Webex? With this functionality the host can determine whose video all participants see. 
More info can be found in the following article:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/la12o0/Select-Who-You-Want-to-Focus-on-in-a-Cisco-Webex-Meeting

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @madhu_kontham ,

"However it would be nice to give this freedom to the individual participants. "
This is also possible. As long as the host has not locked the video view for all participants, every individual participant can lock the video view on a participants of its choice.

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good to hear that it's working! Thanks for the feedback

Response Signature

madhu_kontham
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, as a participant, I was able to lock the video focus on the participant of my choice. Thanks a lot!

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @madhu_kontham ,

"However it would be nice to give this freedom to the individual participants. "
This is also possible. As long as the host has not locked the video view for all participants, every individual participant can lock the video view on a participants of its choice.

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature

madhu_kontham
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I created a test meeting myself and as a host, I was able to make a non-speaker video full screen. I will suggest to do the same to the lecturer who is the host in our case. However it would be nice to give this freedom to the individual participants. He should be able to lock the video focus on his chosen participant at least for himself as against for everyone.

Goswin Weemaes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @madhu_kontham ,

Did you try the "Lock Video"-functionality of Webex? With this functionality the host can determine whose video all participants see. 
More info can be found in the following article:
https://help.webex.com/en-us/la12o0/Select-Who-You-Want-to-Focus-on-in-a-Cisco-Webex-Meeting

Thanks,
Goswin

Response Signature