cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this possible? Mute some and not others?

I need to set up a webex multi-Day hearing where about 50 people are set as a panel and can mute/unmute themselves, turn on/off their camera, share screen. I want to have the rest of the attendees with no ability to turn on their camera, unmute themselves or share any content .
1 Reply 1

coreyparker
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Heather,
>From what you are describing Webex Events (Classic) gives you the ability to assign 10 panelists with the ability to mute/umute, enable/disable video and share content while the rest of the attendees cannot unmute themselves, enable video or share content.
If I were to try this with Meetings, I would try disabling the ability of the users to unmute themselves or share content in the meetings settings and options, then make the 10 panelists co-hosts. Just an idea as I don't know if co-hosts have the ability to override general meeting settings in this way and would need to test it. AFAIK there is no way to disable attendees video in Meetings while keeping host/co-host video on, but as the host you can create a stage layout with the 10 panelists and sync it out to the other attendees. https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/nic6kmbb/Sync-Your-Stage-with-Everyone-in-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Events
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.