cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key mappings not working well during remote control - how to configure?

When doing remote control through webex its typically hosted by a windows pc that is logged into *nix consoles that we need to operate in, but the keys are not all mapped, in particular the pipe symbol is not working at all. It is also very slow. We are usually on Macs.

Is there any way to configure this so we get out pipe back and improve performance?

3 Replies 3

jcaron
Level 1
Level 1

2 years later and the problem is still there.

Over time the keyboard mapping seems to have changed, but it seems to get worse and worse, and there are keys which simply cannot be typed.

In my case I connect from a Mac with a French keyboard to a PC with a French keyboard but I end up with a mix of French and US keyboards.

Would it be possible to add a "Unicode mode" like the Remote Desktop client has? So that instead of sending funky keycodes it sends actual characters?

Also since a few months right clicks and copy-paste seem to be an issue as well:

* Right clicks "stick" and block everything until you right click again

* copy-paste between client and remote does not seem to work

This makes the Webex remote control hardly usable.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

I've raised that ticket in the beta community and an engineering ticket was assigned to it.

Unfortunately, it is not yet solved..

oliver1971
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue when trying to control a Windows box from a Mac. 

On the mac I have a German keyboard and the windows box has a German keyboard. 

However, when typing a "z" I get a "y" on the remote computer. Possibly this is because my Mac is configure with an English system language. 

Opened a support case today and am looking forward to seeing where this leads.