Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting on Multiple Devices

ngavrilovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since a recent update, I am no longer able to join a single meeting on multiple devices. Previously, I used to join meetings on my phone (for the audio), and I would also join them through the desktop app, if anything was being screen-shared. If I try to do it now, I get a prompt telling me I must leave leave the meeting on the other device. Is there any way to revert this change so that I can attend a single meeting simultaneously on multiple devices?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

Hey guys, on the desktop app, try changing this configuration. Go to: Settings > Meetings > Join options

There is a "Move meeting options" section. Mine was on "Always move meeting if supported," but you can also choose "Let me choose every time" or "Always join again".

JohanGonzalez4730_0-1725917582355.png

Thanks for the information @JohanGonzalez4730.  I was able to easily find this setting.  Really glad this option was added.

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I agree that being able to join a meeting with more than 1 device is useful and I also use it many times.  The ability to do this is very inconsistent.  Just this month I've been in 2 different support calls with our channel partner with the same host and same attendees but had 2 different experiences.  This could be because of updates on the app as my iOS just updated tonight.

The one 2 weeks ago, 2/11, would only let me join on one device.  I needed to be able to see the screen so I needed to stay connected on my laptop but I was having audio issues and there wasn't an available call-in number so I needed to join using the app on my cell phone.  When I clicked on Join in the app, I got a message that I could only be on one device so I had to drop from the laptop meeting.

However, I'm on a support call with our channel partner again tonight and I'm logged in to the meeting on the app on my laptop but I tested and was also able to login to the meeting on the app on my cell phone without any problems.  

I am in the beta program both on my Windows laptop and on the iPhone app so I'm on 44.2 (iOS) and 44.3 (Windows).  Hopefully the fact that this is working again means that once this version is GA, everyone will have the option to join 1 meeting from multiple devices.

Response Signature

DMarquisNM
Level 1
Level 1

After a webex update, had this problem for the first time today.  It is absolutely critical to be able to join on two devices as I need the laptop for displaying / presenting, and need the phone for clear audio (and to confirm that what I think the audience is seeing is what they are seeing).  Even the competing "teams" product allows for joining from two devices, though it doesn't give flexibility to also add audio to both (which is helpful in certain specific situations.).

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I joined a meeting yesterday from my laptop and from my iPhone as I was demonstrating meeting controls to a user and I was able to join the meeting from both devices with no issues.  I have had some meetings where I'm only allowed on one device though.  The experience we're having doesn't seem to be consistent @ngavrilovic so I think we'll need to get some feedback from a Cisco employee to get clarification.  I agree that we need to be able to join the same meeting with more than one device.  I've had this happen during tech support calls where I'll join on my laptop but need to be able to move away and still have access to the audio and screen temporarily.  I also use this for traning staff on how to use Webex on multiple devices since the user and host interface is different between a laptop, iPhone, Android phone and Webex device.

Response Signature

dbmeritus
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same use-case for multiple devices and am having the same problem.  It seems inconsistent, I was able to join on two devices for a little bit today before getting the message that I can only be on one device.

Was this ever resolved?

This is still not resolved for me, despite updates to both my desktop and mobile Webex apps since I first posted.

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

@ngavrilovic, would you please provide information about your Webex version?  I just tested this by joining a meeting on my iPhone (Webex v43.11.0) and my desktop app (Webex v43.12.0.28039) and was able to be in the same meeting with both devices.

Response Signature

Hi @kathy, my desktop app is 43.11.0.27795, and my phone app is 43.11.0.150. I see that my desktop app is an older version than yours, but when I check for an update, it tells me that I am already using the latest version. I tried again today to enter a meeting through my desktop and phone apps, and Webex was forcing me to use only one device for the meeting, each time I tried.

Thanks.