cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission to share in Webex Teams?

KirstenM
Spotlight
Spotlight

Today, we ran a few simultaneous breakout sessions using Webex Teams. These sessions were started as an instant call in a space and new users joined at various times of the day. For just a couple users, the share option did not work -- when they clicked on Share, it said they needed permission to share, but there is no way to grant a user permission to share (like in Meetings) within a Teams call. It is particularly strange because out of over 100 participants (and at least 20 in the same space) it only happened to a couple of users. 

Any thoughts on how this might have occurred and what to do about it? How would one grant permission to share in Webex Teams?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

abenjami
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kirsten. May I please ask what type of devices were being used that had the issue with sharing? Please note that when using macOS Catalina, the corresponding privacy settings have to be set--analogous to what this article documents for Webex Meetings (and all relevant permissions also apply to Webex Teams). I'm also including a screen capture of the "Screen Recording" privacy options from my own Mac, documenting the corresponding screen-sharing permission being present in Webex Teams, along with Webex Events and Webex Meetings. I hope this helps.