Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about upgrading from Webex Meetings App to Webex App

Hi, 

I would appreciate if someone help me with this question.

The Webex domain assigned to the company where I work has the update scheduled for the first days of March. I understand that this update is a positive step. However, I have doubts about its deployment. If I update the Webex Meetings app, it installs the new Webex App. So I think it's not an update but a migration. For security reasons, users in the company do not have Windows administration permissions, so users cannot install programs, but instead there are no difficulties with updates, because they are not carried out through an executable. The question is, when you try to perform the update you will hit the lack of permissions. If so, should an administrator deploy the new App?

1 Accepted Solution

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If users are on Windows, all updates and settings migration plus the removal of Webex Meetings App will be done without the need of admin right.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ktwong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If users are on Windows, all updates and settings migration plus the removal of Webex Meetings App will be done without the need of admin right.

Response Signature

Thank you very much ktwong for your prompt reply. This resolves my concern. I stay much quieter. 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.