cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: How are Meeting Participants in Right-Hand Roster List Ordered In Everyone's View, and Can This Be Changed?

Gromit
Level 1
Level 1

When I join a WebEx meeting and the rest of the group logs in, our names all appear in the roster list at the right-hand side of the screen as we show up.  The list arranges alphabetically by first name, but my name is always shown at the top of the list, at least on my system.

Please tell me that my name is indeed only shown at the top of the list on my own system - IOW, that every user appears at the top of the list on his own system only, while in every other participant's POV that name is shown alphabetically like the rest? 

I would hate to think there's some setting that's been shoving me to the top of the list as seen by everybody - in addition to seeming pompous it means I'm the first one called on to report every day.  This latter seems to be happening so I'm a bit concerned, and there is exactly zero information about this, anywhere here or within the WebEx program itself, so the issue needs addressing.

If my name is somehow stuck at the top of everybody else's list in addition to my own, is there a way to un-stick it? 

2 Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@Gromit 

Please tell me that my name is indeed only shown at the top of the list on my own system - IOW, that every user appears at the top of the list on his own system only,

You've nailed it precisely. Otherwise you'd be lost looking for your own name - and you need to be able to find your own name so you can raise or lower your hand.

while in every other participant's POV that name is shown alphabetically like the rest?

You've nailed it again - although the host has the option to order the list in order of Raised Hands or Name

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

Thank you RN, that is a humongous relief!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

@Gromit 

Please tell me that my name is indeed only shown at the top of the list on my own system - IOW, that every user appears at the top of the list on his own system only,

You've nailed it precisely. Otherwise you'd be lost looking for your own name - and you need to be able to find your own name so you can raise or lower your hand.

while in every other participant's POV that name is shown alphabetically like the rest?

You've nailed it again - although the host has the option to order the list in order of Raised Hands or Name

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Thank you RN, that is a humongous relief!