cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen sharing issues (black screen)

Ryan.Peterson2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working remotely from home on my own personal HP laptop. I access my hospital's applications through Citrix. I have two additional monitors connected to my laptop through a dual HDMI adapter that connects to a USB 3.0 port. When I share one of my screens during a Webex call, it will only show some things, such as my web browser window and nothing else. The others in my meetings cannot see my desktop wallpaper (background is black) or other applications I have open. I understand the difference between sharing my entire screen and sharing just an application. Webex recognizes that I have 3 screens available to share when I click the share button. For some reason it only shares certain things even when I choose to share the entire screen. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Ryan.Peterson2
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved- instead of using the Webex app through the Citrix gateway, I simply installed it on my laptop and use it from there. This has resolved the issue of not being able to share my entire screen. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Ryan.Peterson2 ,

Webex Community Manager here. 1. Glad to hear that your issue is resolved. 2. THANK YOU for revisiting your post to share your solution to your own question. This will act as a resource for any others that may have the same issue as you did. It is a rarity that people come back to their post to let others know. Thank you for being a thoughtful community member. Glad to have you here.

Response Signature

Hi I also have this issue.

Black screen when sharing screen or app in Citrix

The workaround of using the app outside of Citrix won't work for me as we use HP Thin pros.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with that OS so I'm afraid I don't know what the solution is. Best of luck!

Ryan.Peterson2
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved- instead of using the Webex app through the Citrix gateway, I simply installed it on my laptop and use it from there. This has resolved the issue of not being able to share my entire screen.