cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source of Webex Meetings Guest's Name for Display in Participants Panel

aberow
Level 1
Level 1

I facilitate meetings for members of a NFP organization. I send members a meeting link and most join through browsers.

Most of the display names in the participants panel are clearly the name of the guest. Some display unexpected values. From where do the guest names come? Can I or (better) the participant change them before they join the meeting or after it starts?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

There are different ways how the name of the participant is created:

1. User has a Webex account and is logged into the account. In that case the administrated account name will be taken

2. Join via browser, the user can add manually the name presented in the Webex

3. Join via mobile app without being logged in into an account. The user has to insert initially a name and an email address and that will always be used

4. User uses the guest user feature of the Webex Desktop app, in that case the user inserted once a username and email address and that will always be shown

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There are different ways how the name of the participant is created:

1. User has a Webex account and is logged into the account. In that case the administrated account name will be taken

2. Join via browser, the user can add manually the name presented in the Webex

3. Join via mobile app without being logged in into an account. The user has to insert initially a name and an email address and that will always be used

4. User uses the guest user feature of the Webex Desktop app, in that case the user inserted once a username and email address and that will always be shown

Thank you. I will incorporate that into the meeting invitations and, hopefully, reduce the number of people whose participant name does not match their reservation name.