cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Too many overlapping windows error.

rizzotto83
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a user when they attempt to share their application screen in meetings they receive and error stating "Too many overlapping windows are causing the shared content to be blocked by the operating system. Close, minimize, or move any window that overlap the shared application window." This error only happens when they try to share a single application screen, if they share the whole screen it works just fine. It also does not matter what application they share, it happens with everything. 

One thing that does get the error to go away is setting "Settings >Sharing content >Advanced sharing settings > Revert to classic content sharing" but this create a whole new issue where the error goes away, but anytime a window displays over the application they're sharing it shows a gray box over the application to everyone viewing.

Here are some of the other troubleshooting steps I've taken so far. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Reinstalled WebEx version 43.8.0.26955

Updated Windows 10.

Updated drivers/bios

Disconnected all external monitors, and used only the built in laptop display. 

1 Accepted Solution

rizzotto83
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: Cisco just released Cisco Bug: CSCwh50013 and in my case the user did have the Grammarly application installed. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rizzotto83
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE: Cisco just released Cisco Bug: CSCwh50013 and in my case the user did have the Grammarly application installed.