Views
Helpful
Replies

Unread message count not synching?

DSAdmin21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with a user whose badge count in the iPhone app isn't synching with his account properly.  This is the little number next to the app's icon that shows you how many unread messages you have.

I've installed the app on my laptop and two iPhones as a test, then experienced the same issue.  The numbers were never the same on my phones and laptop.

Is there a trick to synching this at all times?

I've also noticed two messages in my own account that have been marked as unread many times in the last few weeks.  Anyone else?  It seems like it just isn't synching right in general, but I'm not getting too many reports so it makes me think there is a bug that may or may not work itself out in a future update.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

jreprogle
Level 1
Level 1

My badge count seems to only climb. I receive a message and read it, and the badge count increments. It never decrements.
On the desktop it works fine. On the iPhone, not so much. Signing out and back in will reset the badge count, but the behavior immediately resumes on next message receipt.

BDavis1
Level 1
Level 1

Any resolution to this yet? It is somewhat annoying when on the go and the iPhone is suggesting all these messages. You have to open the app every time and let it 'refresh' before it shows an accurate count.