cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User availability and status not visible

joshua0803
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone come across this where no user in an org can see anyone else's status

All users have the "show availability and status" enabled in the settings

I have cleared the Webex cache 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX000023766/How-to-Clear-the-Webex-Cache

the organization is currently using the free version of Webex which as far as I can see this feature should be enabled

Thanks

Joshua

2 Replies 2

joshua0803
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dtibbe,

Thanks for responding, this roughly matches up with what I have seen, where for 2 users in the free edition need to have the same email domain as well as a matching "default Webex site URL' found in the meetings section/settings for this to be available. There is also no way for a user to change this setting with the free edition

For example if both users the same domain and have the URL meet22.webex.com, they can see each other, but a user with meet23.webex.com would not

I wasn't sure if there was something I was doing wrong as the feature list shows that this available for free users, but I guess this is either out of date or has some caveats attached to it

joshua0803_1-1722375152709.png

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

IIRC, free users do not belong to any real organization (or some kind of each for its own). So they may set their presence state which will impact the app's behavior in case of new messages etc. but they may not see any other states.

For me that makes also sense: If presense is not available for outside of your org users, why should totally different free users see their presence state? That would be some kind of privacy issue from my perspective. And for sure, seeing other user's state would be a selling point for paid plans