Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Webex Scheduler AddIn in Outlook 2021

Daniel Stabel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, 

we have Exchange 2016 on Prem and are using Webex Scheduler AddIn, which we have deployed on our Exchange. Now, we are testing with Outlook 2021 (on Windows 11), but the Buttons from Webex Scheduler AddIn are missing, when I create a new Meeting in Outlook (for Outlook 2019 on Windows 11 it is working).

TAC told me that it should work, because the Outlook versions, which are mentioned under following link should be minimum requirements: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n194fs/Known-issues-and-limitations-for-the-Webex-Scheduler-for-Microsoft-Outlook 

Although Outlook 2021 (Office 2021) is not mentioned at all.

Has anybody already tested Webex Scheduler AddIn with Outlook 2021 and is it working?

Best regards,

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Hello Daniel,

we have rolled out the Webex Scheduler via the provided XML file from the Webex help page via Exchange 2016.

However, the buttons to create a meeting are only displayed when clicking on "new email" -> "appointment" in Outlook 2021. Then the items "Add Webex Meeting" and "Webex Preferences" appear in the right corner.

For Exchange 2016 you have to open the XML on the Webex page in the browser, download it, save it and upload it in Exchange. For our test users, the plugin was only visible in Outlook after a new login.

Greets

Marc

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello Daniel,

we have rolled out the Webex Scheduler via the provided XML file from the Webex help page via Exchange 2016.

However, the buttons to create a meeting are only displayed when clicking on "new email" -> "appointment" in Outlook 2021. Then the items "Add Webex Meeting" and "Webex Preferences" appear in the right corner.

For Exchange 2016 you have to open the XML on the Webex page in the browser, download it, save it and upload it in Exchange. For our test users, the plugin was only visible in Outlook after a new login.

Greets

Marc

Hello Marc, 

thank you for your answer!

As written it works for the same User in Outlook 2019, that is why I wanted to know if it works generally with Outlook 2021 or not.

With your answer that it works with Outlook 2021 on your site, seems that I need to search for the reason on our site on the client... 

Thanks,

Daniel