Views
Helpful
Replies

Videoconnection Webcam

Fredric
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I start a meeting in Windows 10 and try to connect with my video/webcam, I get the following message:

"We cannot make connection to your webcam, is it correctly installed or used by another application".

I cannot manage to make it work.

My webcam works correctly with the windows-app 'camera', and also with skype. I don't use any application when I start Webex.

The installation is correct.

Can anyone give me a suggestion to make it work ?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

Fredric
Level 1
Level 1

@Fritz_H 

Thanks for your reply.

The acces isn't denied, Norton shows me that the acces is allowed.

In taskmanager there isn't any application that uses video that is being started or that runs while starting webex.

@Fredric 

Another idea:

I connected a Logitech Webcam to my Desktop-PC.

Without additional Software, its was recognized by the Operating System and it "works" - but I do not get any options to adjust the camera-image (brightness, contrast...)
To get these adjustments I had to install some Logitech Software.

Interestingly, this software acts as "virtual" Webcam: it grabs the image from the "real" Cam, adjusts the image (brightness, color, contrast...) and provides the result as virtual Webcam "LogiCapture" (or something similar..).

Now the perhaps important part: as soon as I start the Logi-Software, the "real" Camera is still available in my list, but marked as "in use" - which it actually is: by the logi-Software.

Do you also have some Software running (perhaps autostarted) that is related to the Cam?

How many Cams do you have available to chose from in Webex?

@Fritz_H 

Thanks,

I have only one option to choose the camera in WebEx, and that is my current camera.

I have no other software on my PC that is specifically for the camera, rather than the driver.

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Fredric 

Just an idea:

like Smartphones Windows 10 also has features to allow/deny applications to access certain devices and features (webcams, microphones..).
Perhaps you want to check if these settings are correct.

Another idea:
some applications do not quit when closed but they shrink down to an icon at the bottom right, close to the area where date & time are displayed. Perhaps another Video-application is still running in the background (and occupying the cam) ?