cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Virtual Background is cropped (41.7.0.19440)

krza
Level 1
Level 1

The virtual backgrounds are cropped now for some reason. Before my vacation it still worked but now all images (the pre-defined ones as well as own uploads) are cropped. See attached example (it applies to both, preview and actual display in the meeting). I donĀ“t know if the version has changed in the meantime. The currently installed one is 41.7.0.19440 at least.

Is there any fix for it?

4 Replies 4

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Please use Webex, there is no capital E in there. The app is also called Webex only, no longer Webex Teams.

Anyway, the screenshot shows a login error or so, seems as if you've attached the wrong screen shot?

The most current version is also 41.8, please use that one and verify with it. I am not aware of any cropping issues in recent builds..

Oops, sorry. Yes, I grabbed the wrong screenshot. Have corrected it.

Regarding the version: Is there a way to manually update to 41.8? Usually it updates itself.

Right, but sometimes it takes a few hours/days until it reaches each installation.

You can always uninstall your client, download it again from https://webex.com/downloads.html/, and reinstall it. There is no in-app "force update now" function..

I also checked the same background with my 41.9 beta client, there it was fine.

Hi,

unfortunately updating to 41.8 did not help. In the meantime I had the chance to try it out on a laptop as well (in addition to my installation on the desktop PC). There it works fine (still with 41.7.0.19440). The difference is the built-in camera instead of the external Microsoft LiveCam VX-2000. Latter is quite old but still works fine.

So it seems to be connected to the PC / Windows itself. The only thing I could imagine is that it came through the last Windows updates (KB4023057, KB5005033) which I installed directly after the vacation. Because it still worked before the vacation.

Regarding the new installation again ... I had simply uninstalled "Webex Teams" via the control panel (this was still the name there). Should I have deleted any files manually before installing the update? Missed to think about that before.