Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex for linux: missing chat functionality during meetings

ahori
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

does anyone know how to access / enable the chat during a call or meeting in webex for linux, or is this feature missing?

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think you all should submit this idea on Aha and it may already be there for an upvote.  The Cisco product team reviews these suggestions and prioritizes new features.  Probably the best way to get traction.
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Does anyone know how long is this going to take? Also, reactions ...

drumpl
Level 1
Level 1

This is still an issue.

drumpl
Level 1
Level 1

Still no chat functionality in Linux. Sad.

AlAnNuB
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same problem in the webex app for linux

thorsten.berner
Level 1
Level 1

I think the most of us want to chat inside the linux webex app. I am not the friend of using a webbrowser for videoconferencing.

Unfortunately the app misses some features, for example the whiteboard

many greets

aanno2
Level 1
Level 1

Chat is included in the webex browser based solution (i.e. webex in the browser, not using the app) on win10. Perhaps this works on Linux as well...

Julian4
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the answer @brdownin.

brdownin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ahori,

This feature is in heavy demand and is on the roadmap; however, I can't provide a specific date. My guess is January-March of 2022. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to have Webex on Linux full-featured soon!

Thanks

Now it's 2023. Any chance for a corresponding implementation any time soon? I agree with the others that missing the chat feature is very annoying ... particularly, since competitors provide this feature for a long time already and users considering switching to Webex are used to the possibility of providing additional chat information in meetings

We're now in 2022. Well, it shouldn't be that complicated, especially if you've solved already all linux audio problems. So there's still a huge demand.

any updates?

thankyou

Any timeline update on this?

zhen.li1
Level 1
Level 1

When will Webex solve the problem? It is super annoying, especially since the Webex web browser functions for Linux are also not fully functional.

thorsten.berner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi... i miss it too.