cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex for Mac lags when using the OS (like typing or moving a window)

wade_rc
Level 1
Level 1

I use Webex for Mac Version 41.12.0.20899. When I am on a Webex call my entire system pauses every 1 second for about 1/4 of a second. If I am typing it freezes but stores the typed text in a buffer and continues after 1/4 second. If I move a window around on my screen, same thing...the window will just freeze in place while the mouse moves then the window will catch up. Scrolling in a document or in Safari, same thing, it freezes then jumps ahead. Basically 25% of the time my system is completely frozen, making it almost unusable. When I close Webex everything comes back to normal and runs smoothly.

I'm running on a Mac M1 Max with 64GB RAM, so it's not a memory or CPU issue

2 Replies 2

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @wade_rc ,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. Glad to have you here.

It sounds like you are experiencing this lag/freeze both in a call and out of a call. We have seen numerous issues from other community members with the new M1 chips. Have you downloaded the Webex client specific to the M1 chip? It is a fairly new download of the Webex desktop app. Here is the link - https://www.webex.com/downloads.html

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.26.42 AM.png
Let me know if this doesn't help. Happy to ask our tech team for guidance if needed. Thanks for being here.

Response Signature

Thanks Team this worked perfectly for my MacBook Pro M1 Max with 64GB RAM and there is no more freezing or panning/pausing for the screens when opening or minimizing. Hopefully more products provide code for the M1 chip which seems to be a very complicated task with other software vendors. Appreciate the help Webex support team!